CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 30

The Name Game

I have to thank my colleague, Ms. Conyers, once again for sharing a great idea.

On Thursday we started The Name Game. This is how it works. One student is chosen to be the Name Game student of the day. I have their name written on a sentence strip and I read the student's name. Then we cheer each letter in the student's name by saying "Give me a _____!" and at the end "What does that spell?!" Then I cut up the letters and have that student come up and unscramble them.
After that, I model how to draw the student, talking about what color to use for the student's hair, eyes and clothing and what shapes we can use to help us draw the person. All the students go back to their desk and draw their own picture of the student of the day and label it with the student's name. When complete, I take all the pictures and staple them together with a cute cover page and the student of the day gets to take home the little booklet.

The pictures are coming out really cute already and I know they will just continue to get better!











No comments:

Post a Comment